Friday, August 24, 2012

Better Late than Never, Adventures Involving Fisticuffs and Hair Ties in the Face.

Okay so I have a horrible cold and I am almost 6 months pregnant so I didn't really get this one all down. It is a few days late and I was in the middle of a really good book when it happened soooo... yeah... but it's here now!

So the other night as I was reading...

Russell had been asleep for nearly and hour. My back was to him and I hear him jerk up in the bed and he says "Put up your dukes!" Well I turn around and he is doing this.
Yup! He was ready to fight me right there in bed! I jerked back not sure if he was having a playful dream or what. He had bitten me in his sleep in my first pregnancy so I am a little wary of his sleeping shenanigans while pregnant now.

 I yelled at him, I do that in the hopes I will scare him awake and it will be over fast, "Stop that! Lay down and go back to sleep!"
He looked at me so sadly as if I had just crushed his hopes and dreams and said "But I was preparing to engage in fisticuffs."
"No, you are sleeping now lay down!" I replied and that was that, thank goodness! 

...Until about an hour later.

I have my back to him again still reading my book and all of a sudden he reaches across me and puts a hair tie in my face, so close I go cross eyed trying to see what the hell it is and he says almost accusingly "What is this!?" 
I was kind of angry at this point. I was trying to read and this was the second time he interrupted me! 
"I don't know!" I yell, "Go back to sleep!"
"What is it?" he asks again.
"Shut up and lay back down! Go to sleep!"
"I was asleep! Why did you wake me up!?" he yells back at me angrily
I was like what in the world!? "I didn't wake you up! You woke up and were sticking crap in my face and asking me what is was!?"
"No! You woke me up!" He yells again.
"Whatever Russell, I'm trying to read I did not wake you up! Shut up and go back to sleep!"
And he did. And I gave up trying to read and went to sleep myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment