Friday, September 12, 2014

No more PT?

Yay! BACK TO SCHOOL!!!!!! The first day was Sept 3rd and I was sooooo ready for it! I still managed to get all emotional walking Ephraim up to the school for his first day of kindergarten. My nose got all itchy and everything (that's how we heartless people cry in case you didn't know)! But summer break is just WAY too long! We were all ready for a break from each other. Before we headed out to school  I took all the first day of school pictures of the big brothers. 
 Arden snuck into Nolan's shot looking like Chucky...

...So I was more than happy to oblige when Russell asked me to take pictures of Arden for his first day back to Physical Therapy today! Made him a sign and everything! He was pretty excited to get his own sign and knew exactly what he was supposed to do with it.

As we waited to check in for PT we ran into another mom with a 2 1/2 year old little boy with Down syndrome. He wasn't yet walking. I felt guilty telling her when she asked, that Arden wouldn't be two until November as he was excitedly running down the hall to go find his beloved room of fun. Ms. Annie was amazed by his progress and how strong he is. After she bragged about him to all the other therapists as they passed by, she told us she didn't need to see us anymore! Just a quick visit every couple of months so we can see how he is progressing! What!? I mean I know he is doing awesome and all that, but we love Ms. Annie! We missed our appointments over the summer!
     I guess, in the early intervention program, once they are established in walking they just send them on their way.
     Instead of PT Arden will be starting Toddler Group next Wednesday! Apparently it is kind of like preschool and sounds super fun.  I guess I'll be making a new "first day"sign! This feels more like a real first day of school anyways. I hope he loves it just as much as he loved PT.

I hope everyone had a great summer and hopefully now that I only have one child to entertain during the day I can get back to this blogging business!

No comments:

Post a Comment