Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Babywearing ~ FWCC

I entered into a contest to "be a face for Calypso wraps." They wanted you to make a photo collage of the steps of an FWCC or a kangaroo carry. I went into it knowing in the end it would be a popularity contest, but I thought I would give it a shot! But then one person, who was in last place with 20something votes the first day, suddenly shot up to first overnight with over 400 I realised I was in over my head! I don't feel comfortable going further than my friends to ask for votes and apparently one person asked for votes in the big babywearing group of 28,000 members! And it wasn't even on a Spam Wednesday! But I love my entry and have decided to run with it. I want to make more!  I want to make them part of this blog! Starting with my competition entry! The Front Wrap Cross Carry or FWCC. And this way I can add written instructions as well!
Step 1- Find your middle marker and bring it to the center of your chest.
Step 2- Bring the ends around back and cross them making an X across your back.
Step 3- Bring the ends over your shoulders.
Step 4- Put your baby in the pocket you have, legs coming out the bottom (newborns can stay froggy if they prefer).
Step 5- Pull the back up to baby's shoulders.
Step 6- Create the seat pulling the fabric up between you and baby making sure it goes from knee to knee.
Step 7- Pull the ends coming over your shoulders strand by strand to get everything good and snug.
Step 8- Bring the end from your left shoulder across baby's back and under baby's left leg.
Step 9- Cross the other end over baby and under opposite leg.
Step 10- Secure ends by tying a square knot behind your back.

I hope I can find time, at least once a month, to make collages to show you different carries. I really enjoyed making these... okay... now that the contest is over... I totally didn't even make the collage my wonderful friend did. I just said "Oh yeah, I like that! Can you make that bigger? I love it!" Hopefully she loves me enough to help me take the pictures. Perhaps I can figure out the collage making on my own... perhaps...

No comments:

Post a Comment