Thursday, June 13, 2013

Baby Hulk ~ An Update and a Poem

It's been a while! Yet again! So just a quick catching of upping. On May 17th we were taking a break from painting our new house before moving in and we got our first real laugh from Baby Hulk. We had gotten little squeaks and almost laughs but this was a great big chuckle of a baby laugh and it was wonderful. I was super happy Momma Pru was there to witness it with me. I felt it was like her payment for helping us paint. Then on May 27th Baby Hulk rolled over back to tummy! I totally missed it! It happened so fast! I was changing his diaper and looked away from him for the 2 seconds it takes to wrap up a dirty diaper and when I brought my eyes back to him he was suddenly on his tummy!!!! The next couple of times he did it he did it like that. No one saw it happen, he was just suddenly on his tummy! He only just this past Tuesday let his PT see him roll over! I don't think she believed me until she saw it for herself. He also showed her how he can do this now!

 Yup, big boy is now prop sitting too! Rolling back to tummy at five months and prop sitting at six months! After working with us this week, his PT told me, "You know, I think he is the most developmentally on target baby with down syndrome I've ever worked with." I was only a little shocked. He is Baby Hulk after all! I am still so proud of him though! She said in the next month or so she thinks he will be rolling around as transportation. Maybe! But Mr. Grey and Lumpy never did that. Sweet boy is 6 months old now and I am so glad he is mine.


And now my lovely poem! I decided to try my hand at poetry last night. This is what I came up with:

Loading kids into the SUV
My reflection in the door 
I do see

One of these things is not like the other
How you can tell
I'm a breast feeding mother

My left breast is hanging kind of low
It is wobbling
To and fro

I've forgotten that stupid clip yet again
that stupid clip
that holds my tits in

2 comments: