Thursday, June 20, 2013

Baby Hulk ~ Physical Therapy Becomes an Outing

     Baby Hulk has physical therapy appointments every Tuesday. His PT Annie comes to our house and we sit on the living room floor and work on all kinds of things with Baby Hulk. Pushing up with his arms, putting weight on his feet, balance, extending and flexing, and all sorts of baby work outs. This week things were different. This week we went to her! Annie works with the Olympia school district so it was because of school that she was able to make house visits. Well guess what? Schools out for summer! So now we have to go to her! During summer vacation we shall be visiting her every Tuesday!
     I wasn't sure what to expect. Was it going to be a like a big gym? Foam pits? Trampolines? Kids running around?  I had no clue! Well it was quite boring compared to what I was imagining. Just 2 separate working areas with mats and a little ramp thingy. There was already another therapist there working with a little girl somewhere around the age of Mr Grey (6) and Lumpy(4), who I think may have had cerebral palsy. Her area had hooks and ropes from the ceiling to suspend different equipment from which seemed to be the most exciting thing they had.  Well! Baby Hulk could not disagree more! They had the most fabulous, recalled, musical caterpillar with wobbly rainbow balls that he had ever seen in his entire almost 7 months of life!!!




     He may look a little terrified in that last picture but I assure you. That was his "it's-so-exciting-I-just-might-explode" face that he made whenever we got the rainbow balls wobbling again. He would sit up so straight that he had to bring everything up and back with him. His elbows and even his face. Hence the crazy expression! Go ahead now... try it. Up and back...
...You just made that same face didn't you?
     It was such an exciting hour of therapy that when I looked down at my sweet boy after stepping off the elevator not one minute after walking out of the physical therapy room, I realised my sweet boy was out cold!

I have to say, I am really looking forward to returning next week! He just had so much fun I wish we could go every day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment