Thursday, January 24, 2013

Baby Hulk ~ What I've Learned

Oh my goodness guess what!? Baby Hulk is 2 months old today!!!! Where is the time going!!!??? This week I've noticed he is beginning to push with his arms lifting his chest up off the floor during tummy time, and he is vocalizing and smiling a lot more!


And now on to business! For those who know me, I  for some reason discover and retain ridiculous information that serves me absolutely no purpose, like that giraffe is kosher, if a Jewish person wanted to eat a giraffe or drink it's milk they could... I don't know why random facts like that interest me but they do. Well yesterday I learned some things about Down syndrome that interest me in that same way only this time it is information that is relevant so I just have to share!

Okay so! Down syndrome is an extra chromosome. Typically we have 46 chromosomes. They come in pairs, 2 sex chromosomes and then the rest are numbered by size smallest to largest 1-22. So 22 should be the smallest chromosome... but it's NOT!!!! Whoever was in charge of numbering them all screwed up! 21 is!!!! It just has a sneaky little line on it that makes it appear to be larger than 22. Okay so maybe I'm the only one who thinks it's a fun fact that someone screwed up there.

I learned this information yesterday. Baby Hulk had his first Genealogy appointment. Apparently we are over achievers. They were just expecting to tell us he needed to be in the Birth to 3 Early Intervention program and to let us know to set up an eye appointment and find a good pediatrician who is knowledgeable in DS... well... Done, meeting with Birth to 3 tomorrow, and done!

I'm super proud of my big boy and feeling like I can handle all of these appointments now. I am such a procrastinator, I hate making appointments and I dread them once they are made but I have been doing so good with making his appointments and I was actually excited to go to meet with the genetics counselor and I am even excited to have the Birth to 3 month people coming tomorrow even though my house is a mess!!! I am ready! I know Baby Hulk is awesome and I can't wait to show him off!


2 comments:

  1. Dude... Two months and doing push-ups with that kind of form? Is he rockin' that extra chromosome, or what!?!

    ReplyDelete