Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pregnancy in One Dress (26weeks)

 I know, I know! I'm sorry! I know I keep missing posts but I was sick for like a month, I still haven't gotten all the junk out but I refuse to miss another week! I took a picture anyways because I hadn't taken one since my 21 weeks photo and I didn't want to miss a big milestone. At 24 weeks the baby is considered viable. This means baby has about a 50% chance of surviving outside of the womb at this stage of gestation. Doctors will do what they can to ensure the baby will survive if born prematurely.

(24 weeks, sick,in my pajama, and reduced to mouth breathing!)

On to happier times when I can function and don't have to write and act out everything because my voice has left me. I may not still be 100% but it is better than where I was!

 Last week included a bit of craziness for me! I had a day full of super persistent braxton hicks (practice contractions) and when I finally mentioned it to the ladies in my pregnancy group they all told me to call the consulting nurse line. They never tell anyone to call so I figured it might be a good idea even though I felt otherwise fine and really had no fear anything was wrong. Well I called, and the nurse wanted me to go to Labour and Delivery!!! I was totally shocked! Okay... call me vain but my main concern was that I hadn't shaved since I got sick and you know I am going to have to get naked in there! I didn't have time to fix it either! The consulting nurse had already called the hospital to let them know I was on my way in and I had already told her it would only take me about 15 minutes to get there! So... I brushed my teeth. It's the least I could do right! I may have out of control bear legs but I could have fresh breath at least!

I was told to wait in the ER until someone from L&D came and wheeled me (because pregnant ladies are not allowed to walk) back to where I needed to be. So there I sat all grossed out by the toddler with snot dripping down his face and the woman who sounded like she was about to cough up a lung. I held my breath every time anyone walked by me. I did NOT want to get sick again!!! I finally got  wheeled back, peed in a cup bared my bear legs in a hideous hospital gown that did NOT cover my ass and lay in a room for 2 hours so they could monitor me and the baby. We were fine! I got told to drink more and that I wasn't drinking enough. For me it was still early in the evening and had already had 40oz so far and I think I drink the most at the end of the day anyways. I just hadn't gotten there yet. I filled up my 24oz water bottle and then had to go to the hospital! I didn't have a chance to drink it! I don't think I was dehydrated... besides couldn't they have told that from my cup of pee!? No further incidents to report though!


 Here we are at 26 weeks! In the wrong place with a not so fun and very busy chalkboard. My photographer had to be Darling Husband and we were in a hurry to take the current baby (he will always be my baby) to his first day of preschool!

Baby Hulk's (have a mentioned that is what I am calling this ridiculously strong fetus?) ears have developed enough to be able to hear Darling Husbands voice! Not that this has stopped him from talking to my stomach before but now baby can actually hear him! I have an appointment with my favorite midwife later today! I can't wait to see her!

I hope I will be able to get back on track now and back to my Monday posting as well like I keep saying is going to be the day for these pregnancy updates! Sorry for the hold up! Sorry my baby has hijacked my already dysfunctional immune system! See you in 2 weeks!!!!
















No comments:

Post a Comment