Sunday, July 1, 2012

But I Don't Have a Go-kart....

Russell hasn't been talking nonsense in his sleep too often. Lately it's just been the annoying "hey, whatcha doin'", "I'm just snuggle buggin'", "give me a kiss" business where he is actually talking to me it's just annoying because I'm usually reading and just want him to shut up... that goes something like this:
 "Shut up Russell"
"I just want a hug!"
"No you don't you're sleeping, go back to sleep"
"Why are you so being so mean?"
"Because I'm trying to read and you wont stop talking to me"
"But I want to talk to you!"
"No you don't! You are asleep and wont even remember this so shut up!"

Well tonight was a little different! Not to mention I hadn't started reading yet because my fetus made me take a late night (11pm) trip to the grocery store in search for marinated mozzarella and tomatoes... and yet I came home with peaches instead... anyways! So I hadn't started reading  yet and Sleeping Russell Says:

"Do yoooou....."
I was about to tell him to shut up and go back to bed but normally he doesn't ask actual questions or anything. Usually it starts with a "hey" or something but he was propped up on his elbows not looking at me or anything in particular so I decided I should see how it played out
"Do yoooou...run your motor dry?"
 I was like yay! Fun sleeping Russell is back! The only problem is I didn't know how to respond! I was hoping it was a work dream and he was on the phone with a customer and I just couldn't hear their end of the conversation.
"Do you run it dry often?...............Hey! Lady... "
Clearly I needed to respond because the lady on the phone was not!
 "What?" I ask.
 "On your go-kart do you ever run your motor dry?"
 "I don't know..." I say hesitantly... I have no idea what it means to run a motor dry! I was hoping maybe since I was "hey lady" he would just assume his phone conversation was with a lady who doesn't know cars.. but then again.. he was talking about a go-kart! Does the Nissan dealership deal with go-karts? Does Nissan even make go-karts!?

Well I guess that wasn't a good enough answer to keep the conversation going because sadly that was all. I am hoping this is the start of more conversations with sleeping Russell though!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment