Friday, March 21, 2014

Baby Hulk ~ And the Winner is...

It is World Down Syndrome Day! March 21st. The 21st day of the third month. Symbolizing the 3rd copy of the 21st chromosome that is Trisomy 21 or Down syndrome. I just can't let it go by without making a post of some kind!

This morning, while the boys and I were in the car taking Mr. Grey to school we talked about what makes Baby Hulk different. He has Down syndrome. He has 47 chromosomes and we only have 46. Well for a 5 and 6 year old this is just not okay! Having more means you win! So congratulations to all the winners out there! Today is your day to celebrate!

You hear this business about children leaving an imprint on you, changing you. Well Baby Hulk, I recently discovered, took this literally. He HAS changed me. Instead of leaving an imprint on my heart... he left on on my ribs. With his butt. I am guessing he did this in the last 4 months of his 9 months on the inside because he had his butt shoved so far up in my ribs I was constantly doing a gangsta lean to try give my poor ribs relief and a few days ago I discovered my ribs don't match! They are warped on the right side where his butt was! Today I understand though. That was him winning.That was his victory lap, his touch down dance. He said "I WIN!" and he left his mark. No one else in here has ever had this many chromosomes and no one else ever will!



Baby Hulk is always winning.







1 comment:

  1. I just love him! He does win! We all win for knowing him.

    ReplyDelete